A Costco Sony8k TV scam text claims to be from Costco and that it is a chance winner of Costco’s 8k TV. It also asks you to take part in a survey. Beware! It’s a scam. It is a scam. This honest review exposes all details.
Many people received the Costco Sony 8kTV text message in October 2022. Scammers sent the text to obtain financial and personal information.
What is Costco Sony 8k TV Scam and How Does It Work?
Scammers have sent this fraudulent email to try and get your financial and personal information. It congratulates the winner of a Costco Sony 8kTV TV and asks you to take part in a survey. Do not be fooled. It’s all a scam!
Participating in this survey can expose you to spyware, viruses, and malwares that are harmful to your device and could hack and destroy the mobile phone. Beware!
The text format
Similar Scam Text Pattern
- Unknown or “spoofed number” sends you a text message. Scammers make it appear that they are messaging you from an unknown number or from someone you know (e.g., the IRS, Apple or Amazon). You can also be contacted by them to inquire about a business.
- This message gives you a sense that it is urgent to act fast. It may claim, for example, that your bank account was closed or that you have won a gift.
- The scammer will then try to convince you to click on a link or to call a number to send an email or to respond.
How to tell if it’s a scam
- This company isn’t going to deliver.
- The text message is sent from an unusual or long phone number.
- The link in the text may be obscured or not from an official Costco website, USPS, UPS, FedEx site etc.
Tips To Avoid Being Scammed
- Don’t click on the provided link
- Never reply to emails
How to Avoid Fake Costco Customer Service Scams
- Take care of your personal information.
- For assistance, contact the customer service.
- Before you click on any links that use Trend micro Check. It’s free!
Trend micro Check is a browser extension that can be used to detect scams, phishing attacks and malware. It’s also available as a mobile app.
Have you been scammed by Costco Sony 8k TVs? Do the Following!
It is a scam and you should immediately delete the message. Do not forget to notify your loved ones. If they have received such a message, they must respond to it.
You can also report unscrupulous websites or scams and tell us why the websites are fraudulent.